What Is Microblading
Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and each 'hair' is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully reconstruct lost eyebrow and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have little to no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over tweezed brows. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
How To Prepare For Your Appointment
• 24 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
• 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
• Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
• Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your pain.
• No waxing, tanning or tinting 3 days before.
• Arrive with no makeup for your appointment. A lot of wiping of pigment takes place and makeup can get ruined, so save yourself the hassle!
• Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30-50%.
The Appointment Process
Microblading is a 2 step process, usually 6-8 weeks apart. It is important to complete both the initial procedure and touch up.
STEP 1: The initial procedure takes approximately 2 hours. During this time, a
consultation is done where we discuss your desired brow look, choose a colour tone and draw the initial outline of the procedure area for your approval. Though our faces are NOT perfectly symmetrical (one side is usually flatter than the other), we do our very best to create as much symmetry as possible! As we like to say BROWS ARE SISTERS, NOT TWINS. Once you are satisfied with the basic shape and symmetry, the area is then traced over and semi-permanent pigment is applied with a disposable microblading hand tool. This procedure uses a manual hand tool and not a machine.
STEP 2: The second stage of the treatment is a TOUCH-UP appointment. The touch up that takes approximately 1 hour and is included in your service. Touch ups are done no earlier than 5 weeks of your initial procedure and no later than 10 weeks. If you do not schedule your touchup within 10 weeks, you will be required to pay a touch up fee outlined in our touchup schedule.
It is IMPERATIVE you complete the touch up treatment. Without it, the results will not be optimal. Colour will fade significantly within 4 weeks as the skin heals, peels and fades. The touch up corrects any irregularities in the microbladed hair strokes, color tones and finishes the process.
**Occasionally a third touch up (4-6 weeks later) is necessary for certain clients where the pigment does not take as well to the skin.**